Friday, September 19, 2008

Online Spellchecker

I am starting making an online spell checker.

Here I am mentioning some of the links having that functionality.

http://www.j3e.de/cgi-bin/spellchecker

Above link is using hunspell, ispell, aspell etc. algorithms for spell checking in various languages.

Hunspell is described technically well in the below link, informative to read.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=29374&group_id=143754#NAME

Concluding above links and wikipedia, to make online spellchecker I will need to work hard for wordlist as that is essence of the project. There has to develop logic for Gujarati grammar rules(only those that can catch only wrong spellings.)

After comparing all spell checking material I am biased to hunspell, obviously it is having more features. But I haven't searched for pitfalls.

JSP as scripting language.

I am peeping in all websites to get better ideas.

3 comments:

Padma said...

Gr8 going with jsp dear :)

Palak said...

Least Options!!!

Anonymous said...

Use HTML, no worry, no tension!